Senior UI Designer
We are looking for a UI Designer with a strong understanding of branding, Lean design practices and UX to help lead product development in cross-functional teams.
You are passionate about digital products from ideation to implementation. You have an eye for the meticulous detail, as well as the ability to visualise and communicate the bigger picture of project vision.
Relevant experience and attitudes
- You can work in Sketch, inVision or similar industry-standard tools; bonus if you can teach us something new
- You can design a combination of user-focused applications including native and web experiences
- You are experienced with best practice responsive design
- You can set the vision for projects, have a point of view on what good design is about and can inspire support in clients
- You can make complex things simple and clear
- You can design systems at scale, from initial set up to full business implementation
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle
- You can create beautiful user interfaces
- You can support and mentor junior designers
- You enjoy collaborating with other designers and working closely with developers, product managers and subject matter experts
- You care about users and can empathise with their needs
- You are interested in working for a consultancy
- You are knowledgeable about digital technology, with an interest in staying relevant
As this is a UI role, some of your responsibilities will look like this
- Designing user interface and experience
- Prototyping at various levels of fidelity – from paper to high fidelity click-throughs
- Collaborating with stakeholders to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Designing and facilitating workshops and design sprints
- Engaging clients and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs
- Working side by side with engineers to bring your ideas to life
- Being comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Coaching clients on Design Thinking, Lean, and Human Centred Design
- Leading, articulating and championing design decisions
- Taking an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 8+ years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 people who have a considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
Find out more about our team in our company video.
Want to understand our hiring process? We wrote a blog about it here