Are you Red Badger’s first Management Accountant?
Join us and play a key role in our small finance team ensuring Management make well-informed decisions to drive stability, growth and profitability.
The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
Recently ranked 31 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, we are one of the fastest growing private technology companies in the UK, which makes this an exciting and important new role. You will have plenty of scope to get your teeth stuck in and shape the role outside of your core responsibilities. You will be a trusted advisor to the Management team and work closely with the Finance Director, and our Finance and Payroll Officer. You will need to be equally happy rolling up your sleeves as you are advising on more complex issues.
- ACA, CIMA, or ACCA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Proven experience as management accountant
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Experience in consultancy business (preferable)
- Experience using Xero (preferable)
- preparation and development of monthly management reporting pack including profit and loss,project profitability, budgets, cash flows, and variance analysis
- managing full month end procedures
- assisting with preparation of annual budget, updating monthly
- monitoring the monthly cash flows and cash balances
- monthly department cost/trend reporting
- improving controls and procedures pragmatically to fit the needs of the business, working with the Finance Director to implement and maintain all processes and controls for the finance function.
- managing revenue recognition and WIP and develop the AR process
- overseeing the company's payroll, pension, credit control and bookkeeping system
- assisting with preparation of the statutory accounts and audit
- managing HMRC compliance
- analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business forecasts
- providing support to the management team when making financial decisions
- supporting the development of other finance staff
- working with the Finance Director on ad hoc project work.
- Exceptional analytical and logical reasoning, commercial awareness and articulate communication skills.
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail
- Analytical mind,logical approach
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative
- Strong Excel/Google sheet competency
- Good at problem solving and multitasking
- Able to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT and Excel skills
We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a fast growing company, that has been around for 8 years and is now 100+ strong. We are a diverse group made up of 16 different nationalities, we speak 17 different languages and unusually for a tech company we have a 50/50 gender split.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly right from the beginning.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre tax) charity PAYE donations
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce. We are happy to consider applicants who need to work flexible or reduced hours for this role.
Find out more about our team in our company video.