Mid-Weight UX Designer
Get your hands dirty delivering, leading and being part of the next phase of Red Badgers growth.
You’ll have a demonstrable background of understanding and solving complex and varied problems for clients.
We are currently looking for a UX Designer who wants to take a step up in their career and an active role in the growth of Red Badger. At 7 years of age we have established ourselves as a solid, independent business with financial security and a clear roadmap for expansion.
We want you to be an integral part of our future and help build on our offering to our clients, which include the Financial Times, Tesco, Fortnum and Mason, Dow Jones and BMW.
Our team has won multiple awards for their work and we would like you to be part of that continued success.
The ideal badger will have:
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of the user-centred design process
- Experience working closely with technology teams to deliver projects
- Experience working in a client-facing role, presenting design concepts and running workshops
- A range of software up your sleeve taking your sketches to mid fidelity wireframes (we are software agnostic and like to learn about new tools)
- Experience designing mobile first responsive sites.
- An ability to work closely with a team but as a sole UX Designer
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Guerilla User Testing experience
- Experience within an Agile/Lean environment, we aren’t big on Spec Docs or Waterfall.
- Experience working client side
- A proactive approach to UX industry be it public speaking engagements, self initiated Meet Ups or blog writing
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is of course the team. We’ve been around for 7 years now and we are nearly 90 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 16 different nationalities, we speak 17 different languages and unusually for a tech company we have a 50/50 gender split.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular London React.js User Group, and the new Functional Programming on the Web meetup, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as ElasticSearch London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes:
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre tax) charity PAYE donations